Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Chicken and Snow Pea Stir-fry

I love rice! That's one thing I don't mind having to eat when I'm dieting. Mike, on the other hand, hates it. So I always feel a little bit bad when I make a meal like this and we really don't do it very often... except when I'm dieting. Yep, he's so excited for this month.. hehe.

Chicken and Snow Pea Stir-fry

1 lb chicken, sliced thinly into strips
1 onion, sliced
1 lb Snow Peas
1 cup baby carrots, sliced
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 tsp Mrs. Dash type seasoning
1/4 cup soy sauce or Miso
4 cups brown rice, cooked

Heat oil in a large skillet or wok. Add chicken a few batches at a time and brown thoroughly. To get a nice browning, you don't want to crowd pan. When chicken is cooked through, add vegetables and stir-fry until tender-crisp and vibrant in color. Do not overcook. Add seasoning and Miso adding Miso 1 Tbsp at a time to desired taste. Serve over brown rice or mix rice into chicken mixture.

Just a note: The peas and carrots both came from my garden! I'm so excited to start harvesting things. I've got a long ways to go for my tomatoes, but even my peppers have started producing! Last night I also harvested several bunches of cilantro. I'll use some this week, but the rest will be chopped up and put into the freezer for salsa when my tomatoes and onions are ready.

No comments: