Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Chicken Parm Pasta

While cleaning out my freezer I found a couple of cooked, breaded chicken breasts that needed to be used.

A few months ago I cooked several and froze them for easy chicken parmesan (which I did make a couple times) but apparently I didn't use them all. They weren't enough to make a meal with on their own, so I diced the chicken and added some home-made marinara sauce (also in my freezer) and served it over pasta. We topped it with some parmesan cheese and had corn on the cob on the side. A perfect meal. Nobody complained and everybody left the table full. And best of all? It only took about 20 minutes to put it all together!

Chicken Parm Pasta

2 pre-cooked breaded chicken breasts, diced
4 cups marinara sauce
1/2 lb pasta, cooked and drained
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese (although the green can will do in a pinch)

Combine chicken and marinara in a 2 qt. saucepan and cook until heated through. Serve over hot noodles with parmesan sprinkled on top.

No comments: