Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Milk Cubes & Peanut Butter Banana Milkshake

There's nothing I love more than a cool Summer Smoothie.. in case you haven't noticed all my smoothie recipes. Sometimes I have to hold back when I come home from buying fresh fruit.. I immediately want to put it all into freezer bags since a smoothie is my favorite way to enjoy it. Of course I love it frosty cold so naturally I want to freeze everything much to my family's disdain. Every so often I find myself with fresh fruit on the counter... and NONE in the freezer. Now I can still have my frosty cold smoothie, but I'd have to add ice to make it as cold as I like it which, in my opinion, makes the smoothie taste bland. So.... when I find a deal like this:
Then I make a few trays of milk cubes. Once they are frozen, I transfer them to freezer bags to use with my fresh fruit. Yum! I used some of these little babies today making one of my favorite drinks ever.

Peanut Butter Banana Milkshake

1 whole banana
1 scoop vanilla (or chocolate) flavored protein powder
6 frozen milk cubes
2 Tbsp. Creamy peanut butter
1/4 cup water (add only if you have a cheap blender like mine that won't mix without it)

Place ingredients to blender in this order: Bananas, peanut butter, protein powder, milk cubes, water (if necessary). Blend & enjoy!

No comments: