Friday, November 05, 2010

Green Juice

This post is dedicated to my Uncle Clay. Thanks for all the many glasses of "Red Juice" when I came to visit as a kid. I still think, hands down, it's the best juice ever... but this green juice is a close second, if only because it helps me choke down some vegetables! Oh, and my kids. Shhh! Don't tell them there's spinach in this! I convinced my girls that this juice was green because I used green pears, apples and grapes...

Green Juice

1/2 small pineapple
1 pomegranate
2 cups green grapes*
1 green pear
2 green apples
1 bunch fresh spinach (about 10 ounces)
1 banana*

In your Vita-mix, add produce in the order listed above. Turn machine on Variable Speed 2, gradually increasing speed to pull produce into the blades. You may need to push down with your blender stick. When all produce is incorporated, turn machine to High and run for 1-2 minutes until everything is pulverized and smooth. Drink and enjoy!

*Freeze these before juicing so your juice will stay nice and cold without having to add ice. I buy bananas and grapes when they're on sale and keep plenty available in my freezer.

No comments: