Thursday, March 17, 2011

White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting

I recently attempted a wedding cake for my brother's wedding- (Recently as in YESTERDAY) but for the past month and a half I've been experimenting with different frosting to see what would hold up the best and taste the best. The following is my favorite of all the different combinations that I tried so I used it tonight to make the family some "St. Patrick's Day Treats". 

I really hadn't planned on making any treats today (it was an extremely busy day) but I couldn't resist those great big brown disappointed eyes on my six-year-old when I said we weren't going to have anything. Sooo... we sent them outside to play while a sneaky leprechan came into our kitchen and brought us some cupcakes with green frosting and some green milk to wash it down. (Sounds amazing, right? I mean especially the green milk...)

White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting

12 oz. white chocolate chips, melted
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 1/2 Tbsp lemon juice

In a medium bowl, whip the cream cheese with an electric mixer until it is smooth. Add the melted white chocolate and beat until soft and creamy. Add lemon juice and mix again to fully incorporate. Pipe over cooled cookies or cupcakes.


No comments: