Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Egg Biscuits

Easter dinner is so easy! Especially when you can pull just about everything from the freezer, stick it in the oven and come back 2-3 hours later to a complete meal. Unfortunately I realized too late that I'd forgotten the rolls. Lucky for me I have this recipe in my arsenal of easy goes-well-with-anything breads. To fun things up a bit, I even cut these out in cute Spring shapes like butterflies, flowers and bunnies!



Egg Biscuits
3 cups flour
4 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tablespoon sugar
3/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 tsp cream of tartar
3/4 cup cold butter
3/4 c. milk
1 egg

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Into a large bowl, sift flour, baking powder, sugar, salt and cream of tartar. With pastry blender or 2 knives (or you can just use your fingers like me!), cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. In a small bowl, beat milk and eggs. Add to flour mixture and stir until flour is moistened. Place on a lightly floured surface; knead once or twice and roll to 1/2-inch thickness. Cut. Bake on an ungreased baking sheet for 12-15 minutes.

No comments: