Saturday, May 22, 2010

Breakfast: W.W. Waffles, Blueberry Syrup, Vanilla Cream Sauce, WW Muffins



Blender Waffles


1 cup milk
1 cup whole wheat kernels
2 eggs
2 tsp baking powder
1-1/2 tsp salt
¼ cup oil
2 Tbsp honey

Put milk and wheat into blender & blend on highest setting for 4-5 minutes. Add rest of ingredients and blend on low speed. Pour onto pre-heated (375F) waffle iron and cook. (I , of course, doubled this recipe so I'd have enough for at least another breakfast during the week)

Blueberry Syrup


1 cup blueberries- mashed
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
½ cup water
½ tsp vanilla

Combine all ingredients except vanilla in medium saucepan. Stirring constantly, heat to boiling and boil at least one minute. Remove from heat and add vanilla. Stir. Serve warm!



Vanilla Cream Sauce


½ cup sour cream
2 Tbsp brown sugar
½ tsp vanilla

Combine and mix thoroughly .


While I had the blender out- already messy with batter I decided I'd make some whole wheat muffins as well. I think they turned out pretty good since every time I turned my back my baby (18 months) was on top of the counter digging in...
 
 
Whole Wheat Mini Muffins


3 cups wheat berries
2 cups milk
2 eggs
¾ cup oil
2/3 cup sugar
1 ½ Tbsp baking powder
½ tsp nutmeg
1 tsp salt

Put milk, oil and wheat berries into blender & blend on highest speed 4-5 minutes. Add rest of ingredients and blend on low speed. Pour into greased mini muffin pan. Bake at 400 F for 10 minutes. (Optional) While still warm, dip into a bowl of cinnamon sugar. Makes 48 mini muffins. Freezes well.

5 comments:

P Bartles said...

Wow! You have to blend those wheat berries for 405 minutes? Time to get a new blender :)

(Veronica, posting from Phil's google account.)

Sheryl said...

OK... editing post... LOL

Angela said...

Okay, so I am fresh out of whole wheat kernels and don't really plan to run out to the store any time soon to get them. Can I just substitue whole wheat flour?

Sheryl said...

To substitute whole wheat flour, remember that each cup wheat berries grinds to 1 1/2 cup flour. But also keep in mind coursely ground wheat will yield less flour so for this recipe it would probably be close to 4 cups flour

Miss Melanie said...

Hey there!

I made these this morning. I changed them a little bit, I used honey instead of sugar and I used nutmeg AND cinnamon. I also added in 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips. My kids give them a HUGE thumbs up! With my mini-muffin tins, I ended up with 2 muffins short of 6 dozen. My blender (a Vitamix) did struggle with the dough and I had to add some extra milk. YUM YUM!