Monday, June 21, 2010

If I didn't change the rules...

If I didn't change the rules and I were still trying to build up my food storage and keep my grocery budget low, this is what my shopping list would have looked like:
But while I am still trying to keep my bill at $250 or under, I'm actually going to use my food storage this month to make things work. I'm starting my diet today so I've changed quite a bit about my grocery list this month. I'm hoping to be able to drop the extra weight I gained last month and still have fun cooking. I really hate dieting so I'm trying to keep this as simple and fun as possible. Some areas I have the most problems with are too many sweets and too much cheese. So for the first 10 days (at least) I'm trying to completely cut those things out and we'll go from there. I've made my menu and my new shopping list. I even went shopping on Saturday to get things started. This is my rough grocery list for this month:

 
The produce will vary depending on what actually comes in the bountiful baskets that I get. I picked up my first basket on Saturday morning and was happy with what I got and am looking forward to trying it again. I'm also hoping my garden starts producing more by the end of this month which will also really help out with the produce that I plan to buy. I'll be sprouting my own seeds this month as well.

I started my prep cooking Saturday afternoon for my healthy meals this month. I started with some multi-grain flour. (Yes, I broke down and bought a new wheat grinder... ) For my flour I used 5 cups hard white wheat, 1 cup soft white wheat (the last that I had in my storage) 1 cup oat groats and 3 cups rye groats (again- the last I had so I need to buy some more). I then used that flour to make a whole-grain baking mix that I'll use for things like waffles, pita, and tortillas. I also made some multi-grain bread which turned out delicious. I will post all these recipes on a later post.

No comments: