Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Brownie Mix

Sunday after dinner Mike naturally wanted some dessert. Being the lovely wife that I am, I told him, "You make it!" (Keep in mind, I had just spent my afternoon in the kitchen making our Sunday dinner.) He's a good sport so he starts looking for ingredients. Mike can make 3 things: Nutty Putty, brownies (from a mix), and frozen pizzas. For the Nutty Putty he needed Karo Syrup.. we were out. For the brownies he of course needed a brownie mix... we didn't have any. Since he didn't want frozen pizzas for dessert, we went without. So yesterday I made my own brownie mix. Of course I doubled the recipe to avoid any future sorrows. And I even turned some of it into somethig delicious for him!


Chocolate Brownie Mix

5 cups sugar
3 cups flour
1 3/4 cups cocoa
1 cup dry milk

Combine ingredients. Store in an airtight container. Keeps at least 12 months if kept in a cool, dry place. Makes 3 batches of brownies.

For Brownies combine:

3 eggs
1/4 cup water
3/4 cup vegetable oil
3 1/2 cups brownie mix

Mix unil smooth. Stir in nuts or chocolate chips if desired. Bake at 350 F for 30 minutes in a greased 9x13 inch pan. Allow to cool slightly before cutting. Serve warm.

No comments: