Thursday, August 12, 2010

Peanut Butter Cookies

A friend of mine turned me onto this blog. I love it. It's going to make me fat. er...

I have a case of peanut butter that I've been rotating this week. Why am I rotating an entire case of peanut butter in a week? Well, we usually don't use very much of it. I'm not a big PB&J person therefor my kids don't get them very often either. However, I do keep my "year-supply" nice and stocked up. Soo... the reason I'm rotating?
1. I have a case of peanut butter on my shelf downstairs that is past it's use-by date.
2. Peanut butter is on sale this week.
3. I don't have enough room on my shelf for the new case plus the old case.



Hence the Peanut Butter Brownie Bites the other day.. (Which is a variation of a recipe from the evil "make-me-fat" blog..)

And for today I tried two different peanut butter recipes. Josh saw me looking at the above mentioned blog the other day and has been bugging me to make these cookies ever since.


5 Ingredient Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

by Leslie Sarna

1 cup creamy peanut butter
1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp baking soda
½ cup milk chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix all ingredients except chocolate chips. When blended, mix in the chocolate chips. Using your fingers, form 1 1/2 inch balls (dough will be very wet and sticky) and place onto an un-greased parchment lined cookie sheet. You don't want to make them too big because they do spread. Bake for 9 minutes. Let the cookies sit on the cookies sheet for about 30 seconds to 1 minute before letting cool on a wire rack. Makes around a dozen small cookies.

Overall these cookies were good but tend to fall apart easily. As far as easy goes, though, these definitely take the cake. In about 10 minutes you can be pulling freshly baked cookies out of the oven... which can't be a bad thing. Well... maybe it is...

No comments: